Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Raspberry Pi Picture Frame Post 10 Remote and Video Demonstration

After doing some testing I was having problems with the remote working properly, and it still doesnt work quite as well as I want it to but that is what testing is for. Part of my problem was that my IOcheck.sh script had some errors in it. So I fixed those. Another issue I had was that my showweather.sh scripts were no executable. That was an easy fix, the code is below.
{{
sudo chmod 775 /home/pi/drive/scripts/showweather.sh
sudo chmod 775 /home/pi/drive/scripts/showweather1.sh
}}
Another item I did was each time a button is pressed I kill fbi first before trying to start the next one. {{sudo kill $(pgrep fbi)}} is the code to do that. That should go into IOcheck.sh. I also added a while loop to the if statements for each button so that it wont constantly try to reopen the fbi while you hold the button down. It wont check for input until you release the button now.The code is below.
{{
while ["$( cat /sys/class/gpio/gpio17/value)" == '1' ]
  do
  sleep.1
  done

}}

Time for the first video of my picture frame working. Now as you can see in the video there are still some problems. Some of which I have no clue how to fix. First problem is the my photo slideshow takes a bit to start and I believe this is due to the size of the pictures. I am trying to resize the pictures down to 1280x1024 which is the resolution of my screen. I am currently using the pi to do the processing. Now we all know that the pi is not the most powerful device so depending on how many pictures you add it may take a while for this to process. If this works and helps I will add it to my morning sync. This way everyday new files will be downloaded, then resize, then the device will restart. The bigger problem than I have is the command line text you see flash on screen when switching between slideshow and weather.I have no clue how to fix this problem. I would bet there is a way but I do no know what it is so if you have any ideas leave a comment below.


I think I am going to change my weather button c to show the current weather for multiple locations instead of just one. Now it wont show a 5 day but the weather for towns where the whole family lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment