From the name of this post you should have figured out what this project is but let me go a little more in depth. What I wanted to build is a idea that my brother came up with. He wanted a digital picture frame that you could change the pictures from remotely. After he put this idea into my head I started figuring out how I would do it. Basically my theory of operation is as follows.
- Raspberry pi is the core to the project
- Wifi for internet access
- Some how I wanted to get pictures that are stored in gdrive.
- Use an old computer monitor as a screen
- I also wanted to be able to display the current and future weather, possibly for different locations
- The site that was the biggest help. Helped me set up the slideshow and add buttons. http://raspberrypihobbyist.blogspot.com/2013/02/jumbo-digital-picture-frame.html
- Google drive integration http://blog.insynchq.com/post/64114595623/insync-for-raspberry-pi-test-build-now-available
- Weather http://www.shatteredhaven.com/2012/12/1356365-days-for-all-forecasts.html